Your body is your temple. In this foundational course, we learn the basics about the human body—its make up and how it moves. This course is constructed to reduce fear and simplify learning, incorporating interactive elements to help you understand anatomy. This course is tailored for students who want a quick refresher or overview, and also for students who are newer to anatomy, attending their first teacher training or who feel self conscious about the subject matter. This course also serves as a primer for our Anatomy 101 and Anatomy 202 online courses. This course is accredited through Yoga Alliance and counts towards 20 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills the entire 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We cover the following body regions in this order:
- Session 1: Overview of the Body (systems, bones, muscles, tendons, planes of motion)
- Session 2: Spine Head to Tail (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 3: Pelvis (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 4: Hip (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 5: Leg Hip to Foot (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 6: Foot and Ankle (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 7: Shoulder (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 8: Arm Shoulder to Hand (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- Session 9: Wrist and Hand (bones, muscles, movement & application)
- An internet connection
- A computer smartphone or tablet
- An interest in anatomy
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“I am super excited to join in on this course. I have some catching up to do but I do have scoliosis and am fused from T3 to L4 and it runs with my family. I hope to gain some knowledge for my own practice as well as to share with others.” —Elizabeth, Louisville Kentucky
“Your online courses are awesome! I [participate in] online courses with many other teachers, and I find that your courses offer way more resources, seem to be exceptionally current – rather than pre-planned, and relate to our interaction and feedback ( where you use threads from each week). [It is] truly inspiring, captivating and engaging, as well as encouraging, to learn more and to give more to our students and ourselves. After all, we are our own biggest students. I am so enthralled by your teaching, I wish I could do everything!” – Michelle CrossRead More Testimonials