Refine your eye and use of touch as a teacher in this course designed especially for teachers. We will practice manual adjustments and refine our use of touch. We context when these adjustments might be used in teaching, and analyze the decision making factors of which adjustments and/or other teaching techniques are most appropriate. Learn how to assist handstands and forearm balances and backbends. Your students will thank you for taking this course! This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 10 hours of noncontact continuing education hours, which fulfills 1/2 of the 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact email@example.com
We cover the following topics:
- How to refine your use of touch
- How to apply manual adjustments
- Different types of adjustments and adjustment techniques
- The shapes, key actions energetic directions and common misalignments in poses
- How to determine when adjustments should be used in teaching and which adjustments to use when
- An internet connection
- A computer
- A Yoga mat
- A copy of Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- A copy of Yoga the Iyengar Way by Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- 3 + yoga blankets, strap and 2 blocks
- Any other yoga props you may have: bolsters, backless yoga chairs, slanting planks, backbenders, round topped stools, benches, various shapes and sizes of blocks, and wall ropes
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“I got the chance to watch the first two sessions of the Art of Adjustments online course this morning. Everything was so clear and well thought out, including the theory of the second class. I taught two yin sessions today and caught myself engaged in more adjustments than I normally give. That was pleasant. The most striking part so far was that I felt more confident in experimenting with new adjustments – both me and my fellow yoginis benefited from that. Thank you! Off to watch the third session now that my little one is in bed.” —Anonymous
“I am super excited to join in on this course. I have some catching up to do but I do have scoliosis and am fused from T3 to L4 and it runs with my family. I hope to gain some knowledge for my own practice as well as to share with others.” —Elizabeth, Louisville KentuckyRead More Testimonials