If you theme in class, or are interested in using themes or myth in service of helping students bring aspects of philosopy or narrative to their lives, this course is for you. Sitting underneath the surface of these poses are rigorous philosophical traditions and the better part of 6,000 years of collective mythic consciousness. The myths behind yoga’s spiritual tradition have the power to help yoga students in body and practice, and understanding them adds layers. In this course we examine some tales that correspond with yoga poses, and explore story and myth in practicing yoga. Together we create a tapestry of step-by-step postural instruction with evocative power of metaphor and myth. You will learn many techniques to bring philosophy and myth and metaphor into your classes. This course includes the Stories of Yoga Poses course. This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 20 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills the entire 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact email@example.com
We cover the following topics:
- The stories and symbolism behind many of the poses that you regularly practice
- The tales that correspond with yoga poses, and explore story and myth in practicing yoga
- How to create a tapestry of step-by-step postural instruction with evocative power of metaphor and myth at the forefront
- Practical ways for you to bring some of these larger concepts to your broader teaching
- An internet connection
- A computer
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the world of yoga teachers and students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study.” - Anonymous
“I'm still pretty new to yoga, but I have struggled to find teachers online or in real life who get into the real nitty gritty of how to get the most out of each pose. The two videos of yours I've come across have not only kicked my ass and left me sweating, but I feel like I had to send you a message of thanks because you fundamentally changed my relationship to my own body (especially hips and pelvic floor, parts of me I'd never given much if any thought to previously). Thanks for taking the time to really explain these concepts, movements, and sensations in a clear and accessible way. You're an excellent teacher!” - Dave Hanon
“Compliments to Noah and his team for putting together excellent materials. Even though I am a certified yoga teacher, I feel it’s always good to go back with a beginner’s mind and learn again. These trainings (Art of Sequencing, Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Poses, and Yoga 101) are very high quality and I am excited to ‘sharpen the saw’ through them.” - Olin LevittRead More Testimonials