How do we, as postural yoga teachers, convey some part of the immensity of the yoga tradition with integrity, skill and accuracy? What knowledge and skills do we need? This course, taught by Noah Mazé, explores the Essential Teaching Skills needed to skillfully teach yoga, including principles of effective feedback, and how to hold the Seat of the Teacher with confidence and integrity. In this online adventure, we study and unpack the skills you need to teach yoga well. We will explore how to teach and understand poses and how to better instruct them, step by step. Noah will offer you tools for improving in a broad spectrum of areas, including:
- Verbal instructions
- Observation of Students
- Effective Feedback
- Pose Knowledge
- Pose Improvement Strategies
- Repetition Strategies
- Sequencing Strategies
- Alignment Based Classes vs Vinyasa Flow Classes
- Classroom Set Up & Organization
- Postural Demonstrations
- Seat of the Teacher
- Use of Physical Touch
- And more.
This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 10 hours of non-contact continuing education hours.
Increase your efficacy and skill as a yoga teacher. Noah will guide you on a deep dive into study and relationship with teaching, laying the groundwork for a rich and skillful practice for both you and your students.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section (see left hand navigation) when you are logged in.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- If you are experiencing slower screen load times or jump backs please click on the settings wheel and adjust the stream to a lower resolution.
- For the best user experience, please use Google Chrome as your browser if/when possible.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets; although not all courses are accompanied by written resources.
- Class Packs do not generally include resources other than class videos and/or tutorials.
- If you purchase a course that includes written resources, you will find these in your library when you scroll down past the last video thumbnail. Written resources are provided in the form of downloadable PDF documents; and you may download these to your computer as needed.
- Our Written materials are proprietary. They may be used as a resource only by paid participants, and are not to be copied or otherwise distributed outside of their intended purpose. For a full list of use guidelines please visit our [terms & conditions] pages.
- All courses include a “forum" for discourse, where students may connect and discuss course content, experiences, learning, etc. Forums are not moderated by an instructor. Civility is required. Disrespectful discourse will be removed.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- All purchases are non-refundable. For more about this policy please visit our refund policy.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact email@example.com
- An internet connection capable of streaming video (videos are not available to download)
- Computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone
- Yoga mat, props nearby
- An accurate sense of your abilities and limitations along with a playful attitude
- Props as noted on the class descriptions (suggested but not required)
- Notebook if you wish to take notes
“I wanted to write and let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed taking the online course YOGAMAZÉ 101 Teaching Beginners. I live in the Caribbean and have been teaching yoga full time for five years. It is hard to attend trainings due to my location, so when I found this course online I was excited! Over the past three years I have taught several Fundamental Workshops and always felt like I was on the right track however I still felt like I wanted/needed something more. The tools that you presented have given me complete confidence in my teaching. I came to the realization that I was giving WAY to much information, too many details. Once I simplified, it was like I was speaking another language. I just wanted to say thank you from my heart and know what you do is appreciated! I look forward to more trainings with you in the future.” — Danielle Gentilcore
“I got the chance to watch the first two sessions of the Art of Adjustments online course this morning. Everything was so clear and well thought out, including the theory of the second class. I taught two yin sessions today and caught myself engaged in more adjustments than I normally give. That was pleasant. The most striking part so far was that I felt more confident in experimenting with new adjustments, both me and my fellow yoginis benefited from that. Thank you! Off to watch the third session now that my little one is in bed.” —Anonymous
“Your online courses are awesome! I [participate in] online courses with many other teachers, and I find that your courses offer way more resources, seem to be exceptionally current – rather than pre-planned, and relate to our interaction and feedback (where you use threads from each week). [It is] truly inspiring, captivating and engaging, as well as encouraging, to learn more and to give more to our students and ourselves. After all, we are our own biggest students. I am so enthralled by your teaching, I wish I could do everything!” —Michelle Cross
“I enrolled in Yogamazé’s online Anatomy 101 and Yoga Stories courses for my non contact hours in yoga teacher training. I received a wealth of knowledge and feel that both courses have really enriched my yoga education. The instructors, Paula and Noah, taught the courses in an informative, easy to understand way with time for interaction with the students taking the class. I corresponded with Nichol to get my certificates upon completion of the courses. She was incredibly friendly, quick to respond and treated me as if I were a friend instead of a customer. Great staff and courses, I highly recommend Yogamazé!” —Alyssa Kyle
“Compliments to Noah and his team for putting together excellent materials. Even though I am a certified yoga teacher, I feel it’s always good to go back with a beginner’s mind and learn again. These trainings (Art of Sequencing, Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Poses, and Yogamazé 101) are very high quality and I am excited to ‘sharpen the saw’ through them.” —Olin Levitt
“Very informative. I really enjoyed how Paula broke down the different structures and then illustrated how they work together in asanas.” — Carrie Menke
“Great content, presentation style, level of info. Lots to dig into further. Enough meat to keep me going back to this to learn more and more and so well put together and presented.” — Andrew Nathan
“For me this was a wonderful way to get training. I could go at my own pace & review as necessary. The delivery method is efficient. And Noah is the most inspiring teacher I’ve ever had. Thank you.” —Rochelle Wilson
“Although this online class is my first encounter with you as a teacher, I’ve already learned a lot, and am enjoying the course very much. I’m quite a new teacher, and hope to remain a student for as long as I can breathe, and in that regard, every bit of information you happen to share during the class or on the discussion group, adds up to my investment of knowledge. I also like reading about others’ experiences and views (sometimes it proves how little I know, sometimes it shows me I’m not so bad either) for each word towards learning is valuable for me.” —Zeynep Yeldan
“I really appreciate how this course is aligning with what is happening in my life as a yoga teacher. I am teaching a 5 week series for the first time and just this week I was offered 3 classes to introduce meditation and deep stretching. It is awesome to be learning with Noah, each week I have so much to take away.” —Jennifer Adi
“Your attention to detail on the slides is fantastic. It’s almost like I’m back at Kripalu in your workshop. Thanks again.” — Juliánna Nagy
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the world of yoga teachers and students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study.” —Anonymous
“Loving the idea of building on the shapes. It makes sense – I just never actually simplified it enough to think of it that way.” —Lanessa GiesbrechtRead More Testimonials