This course focuses on the use of props in yoga. In a mix of theory, analysis and experience, we will examine the use of props in regular practice, therapeutic practice and restorative practice. This course is highly recommended for anyone with an interest in learning more about yoga practice, developing/expanding a home practice, and for yoga teachers who teach yin and restorative yoga classes and want to expand their ability to teach with props. Develop a home practice of restorative yoga to complement your more active practices and classes, and learn how props can help make intermediate poses more accessible. This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 10 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills 1/2 of the 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact email@example.com
We cover the following topics:
- How to implement yoga props into your home practice
- Best use of props for therapeutic practice – supporting instabilities, modifying poses, and making poses accessible and healing that might otherwise create further injury
- Best use of props for restorative practice – use in passive and active poses to deeply nourish; reduce stress, rejuvenate, help with insomnia, jet lag, menstrual cycles and in pre-natal yoga
- An internet connection
- A computer
- A yoga mat
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga the Iyengar Way by Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- 3 + yoga blankets, strap and 2 blocks
- Any other yoga props you may have: bolsters, backless yoga chairs, slanting planks, backbenders, round topped stools, benches, various shapes and sizes of blocks, and wall ropes
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“I completed my RYS 200 training online with the Mazé School due to COVID. This was the first online training they've ever done, but you wouldn't know it. The sheer amount of recorded material blew me away. I was so impressed with the wealth knowledge that they shared with us and their dedication to their students’ learning. It is clear these are teachers’ teachers and they have dedicated their lives to the practice of yoga…. I would recommend this program for anyone who wants to dive deep into study, and who resonates with more alignment and structured flow based yoga classes. I will forever be appreciative to the Mazé School for the knowledge they worked so hard to empowered me with!" - Makenna Johnstone
“Very informative. I really enjoyed how the teacher broke down the different structures and then illustrated how they work together in asanas.” - Carrie Menke
“Great content, presentation style, level of info. Lots to dig into further. Enough meat to keep me going back to this to learn more and more and so well put together and presented.” - Andrew Nathan
“For me this was a wonderful way to get training. I could go at my own pace & review as necessary. The delivery method is efficient. And Noah is the most inspiring teacher I’ve ever had. Thank you.” - Rochelle Wilson
“Noah and team…WOW…GREAT work with this webinar offering. I am impressed withal that you have put together. This must have been a LOT of work, so KUDOS!!!!!” - Jennie Pearl
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the World of Yoga Teachers and Students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study”– Rena Chase
“ I’d like to thank you and the team for putting together such an amazing course. I was offered a scholarship and would have been unable to afford the full cost at this time so the opportunity to do this is such a blessing and I’m immeasurably grateful.” - Patrice
“Your online courses are awesome! I [participate in] online courses with many other teachers, and I find that your courses offer way more resources, seem to be exceptionally current – rather than pre-planned, and relate to our interaction and feedback (where you use threads from each week). [It is] truly inspiring, captivating and engaging, as well as encouraging, to learn more and to give more to our students and ourselves. After all, we are our own biggest students. I am so enthralled by your teaching, I wish I could do everything!” - Michelle Cross
“I enrolled in courses for my non contact hours in yoga teacher training. I received a wealth of knowledge and feel that both courses have really enriched my yoga education. The instructors taught the courses in an informative, easy to understand way with time for interaction with the students taking the class. I corresponded to get my certificates upon completion easily. Great staff and courses, I highly recommend!” - Alyssa Kyle
“Your attention to detail on the slides is fantastic. It’s almost like I’m back at Kripalu in your workshop. Thanks again.” - Juliánna Nagy
“I wanted to write and let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed taking the online course. I live in the Caribbean and have been teaching yoga full time for five years. It is hard to attend trainings due to my location, so when I found this course online I was excited! Over the past three years I have taught workshops but always felt like I was on the right track however I still felt like I wanted/needed something more. The tools that you presented have given me complete confidence in my teaching. I came to the realization that I was giving WAY too much information, too many details. Once I simplified, it was like I was speaking another language. I just wanted to say thank you from my heart and know what you do is appreciated! I look forward to more trainings with you in the future.” - Danielle Gentilcore
“I got the chance to watch the first two sessions of this online course this morning. Everything was so clear and well thought out, including the theory of the second class. I taught two yoga sessions today and caught myself engaged in more [ways than normal]. That was pleasant. The most striking part so far was that I felt more confident in experimenting with new adjustments, both me and my fellow yoginis benefited from that. Thank you! Off to watch the third session now that my little one is in bed.” - Anonymous
“Compliments to Noah and his team for putting together excellent materials. Even though I am a certified yoga teacher, I feel it’s always good to go back with a beginner’s mind and learn again. These trainings (Art of Sequencing, Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Poses, and 101) are very high quality and I am excited to ‘sharpen the saw’ through them.” - Olin Levitt
“Although this online class is my first encounter with you as a teacher, I’ve already learned a lot, and am enjoying the course very much. I’m quite a new teacher, and hope to remain a student for as long as I can breathe, and in that regard, every bit of information you happen to share during the class or on the discussion group, adds up to my investment of knowledge. I also like reading about others’ experiences and views (sometimes it proves how little I know, sometimes it shows me I’m not so bad either) for each word towards learning is valuable for me.” - Zeynep Yeldan
“I really appreciate how this course is aligning with what is happening in my life as a yoga teacher. I am teaching a 5 week series for the first time and just this week I was offered 3 classes to introduce meditation and deep stretching. It is awesome to be learning with Noah, each week I have so much to take away.” - Jennifer Adi
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the world of yoga teachers and students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study.” - Anonymous
“Loving the idea of building on the shapes. It makes sense – I just never actually simplified it enough to think of it that way.” - Lanessa GiesbrechtRead More Testimonials