This course focuses on the use of props in yoga. In a mix of theory, analysis and experience, we will examine the use of props in regular practice, therapeutic practice and restorative practice. This course is highly recommended for anyone with an interest in learning more about yoga practice, developing/expanding a home practice, and for yoga teachers who teach yin and restorative yoga classes and want to expand their ability to teach with props. Develop a home practice of restorative yoga to complement your more active practices and classes, and learn how props can help make intermediate poses more accessible. This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 10 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills 1/2 of the 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We cover the following topics:
- How to implement yoga props into your home practice
- Best use of props for therapeutic practice – supporting instabilities, modifying poses, and making poses accessible and healing that might otherwise create further injury
- Best use of props for restorative practice – use in passive and active poses to deeply nourish; reduce stress, rejuvenate, help with insomnia, jet lag, menstrual cycles and in pre-natal yoga
- An internet connection
- A computer
- A yoga mat
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga the Iyengar Way by Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- 3 + yoga blankets, strap and 2 blocks
- Any other yoga props you may have: bolsters, backless yoga chairs, slanting planks, backbenders, round topped stools, benches, various shapes and sizes of blocks, and wall ropes
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the world of yoga teachers and students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study.” - Anonymous
“I'm still pretty new to yoga, but I have struggled to find teachers online or in real life who get into the real nitty gritty of how to get the most out of each pose. The two videos of yours I've come across have not only kicked my ass and left me sweating, but I feel like I had to send you a message of thanks because you fundamentally changed my relationship to my own body (especially hips and pelvic floor, parts of me I'd never given much if any thought to previously). Thanks for taking the time to really explain these concepts, movements, and sensations in a clear and accessible way. You're an excellent teacher!” - Dave Hanon
“Compliments to Noah and his team for putting together excellent materials. Even though I am a certified yoga teacher, I feel it’s always good to go back with a beginner’s mind and learn again. These trainings (Art of Sequencing, Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Poses, and Yoga 101) are very high quality and I am excited to ‘sharpen the saw’ through them.” - Olin LevittRead More Testimonials