Learn how to instruct intermediate poses, step-by-step, and study how to apply your pose knowledge in teaching. Gain practical tools and ideas to expand poses, insight into preparing better sequences and become a better instructor. Expand your teaching repertoire and broaden your students horizons with this course. This course builds directly on the Fundamentals of Teaching Poses course and includes the Intermediate Poses & Practice course. This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 20 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills the entire 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Each session is recorded, archived and available to watch on your own time, whenever you like, as many times as you like, via our website.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform when you are logged into the website.
- You may access your library’s content for one year from your date of purchase.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. Videos are not available to download.
- Study sessions consist of online lessons.
- Practice sessions consist of asana practices.
- Some courses may provide materials and worksheets. These materials and worksheets will be made available for viewing and download in the “My Library” section of our platform when you are logged into the website.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with the technology, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We cover the following topics:
- Intermediate asanas from every category: inversions, standing poses, backbends, hand balancings, hip openers, forward bends and twists
- How to build strength and increase flexibility
- Specific pose knowledge
- Functional anatomy
- How to give and receive feedback on your poses
- Progressive sequencing strategies
- How to vary your sequences
- Prop usage, modifications and variations
- How to leverage your strengths – work with your limitations with compassion and intelligence
- How to maximize your self practice and class studentship
- How to use (or better use) YogaGlo in a systematic way to target and develop specific aspects of your practice
- How to instruct intermediate poses, step-by-step
- How to apply your pose knowledge in teaching
- How to observe your students’ form in intermediate shapes and how to assess intermediate poses
- How to teach more difficult poses safely and how to help your students refine their poses
- Advanced teaching techniques
- How to offer intermediate poses to differing levels of students
- Different sequencing order(s) and strategies, and digest new ways to sequence to more difficult poses
- An internet connection
- A computer
- A yoga mat
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga the Iyengar Way by Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
- 3 + yoga blankets, strap and 2 blocks
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the world of yoga teachers and students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study.” - Anonymous
“I'm still pretty new to yoga, but I have struggled to find teachers online or in real life who get into the real nitty gritty of how to get the most out of each pose. The two videos of yours I've come across have not only kicked my ass and left me sweating, but I feel like I had to send you a message of thanks because you fundamentally changed my relationship to my own body (especially hips and pelvic floor, parts of me I'd never given much if any thought to previously). Thanks for taking the time to really explain these concepts, movements, and sensations in a clear and accessible way. You're an excellent teacher!” - Dave Hanon
“Compliments to Noah and his team for putting together excellent materials. Even though I am a certified yoga teacher, I feel it’s always good to go back with a beginner’s mind and learn again. These trainings (Art of Sequencing, Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Poses, and Yoga 101) are very high quality and I am excited to ‘sharpen the saw’ through them.” - Olin LevittRead More Testimonials