Join Noah to understand the anatomy and kinesiology of common yoga poses, including joint positions, difficulties, common misalignments, agonist and antagonist muscle groups. This course assumes you have a baseline understanding of anatomy. From there, you will learn much, including how to apply the mechanics of movement to your own yoga poses and your teaching. Explore why misalignments occur in common yoga poses and what to do about it.
Put our anatomy curriculum (Anatomy 101 and 202) to work and context your learning with application as a yoga practitioner or teacher. This online course material and your prior anatomy studies will exponentially benefit your practice and your teaching. If you are interested in applied anatomy, Asanatomy is your course.This course is accredited through Yoga Alliance and counts towards 20 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills the entire 3-year requirement for teachers. Once you have completed the course we will issue your certificate so you can apply the CEs with YA.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact email@example.com
We will break down a pose anatomically, from head to toe, review joint positions, agonist and antagonist muscle groups and common misalignments and difficulties. We will review the anatomy and kinesiology of the primary body regions for this pose. We will consider the priorities for this pose and sketch out a class sequence to systematically teach the complexity of this pose. Noah will demonstrate various drills using props to target specific muscle groups, and model verbal instructions to teach with more technical language as well as more simple language. We will consider the use of props, verbal cues, postural demonstrations, physical adjustments and other teaching strategies to effectively teach the relevant lessons within a yoga class context. Suffice it to say, you will learn a lot!
We cover the following body regions and postural focuses in this order:
- Session 1: Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
- Session 2: Bakasana & Paschimottanasana
- Session 3: Hanumanasana
- Session 4: Virabhadrasana I, II, III
- Session 5: Chaturanga Dandasana & Vashistasana
- Session 6: Adho Mukha Vrkshasana & Pincha Mayurasana
- An internet connection
- A computer smartphone or tablet
- Light on Yoga
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- 200 hour YTT and experience teaching and/or an avid interest in yoga poses and anatomy
- Familiarity with Fundamentals of Teaching Poses online course or similar curriculum
- Familiarity with Anatomy Primer and/or Anatomy 101 and/or Anatomy 202 online courses and/or an intermediate and dexterous knowledge of human Anatomy
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“I am super excited to join in on this course. I have some catching up to do but I do have scoliosis and am fused from T3 to L4 and it runs with my family. I hope to gain some knowledge for my own practice as well as to share with others.” —Elizabeth, Louisville Kentucky
“Your online courses are awesome! I [participate in] online courses with many other teachers, and I find that your courses offer way more resources, seem to be exceptionally current – rather than pre-planned, and relate to our interaction and feedback ( where you use threads from each week). [It is] truly inspiring, captivating and engaging, as well as encouraging, to learn more and to give more to our students and ourselves. After all, we are our own biggest students. I am so enthralled by your teaching, I wish I could do everything!” – Michelle CrossRead More Testimonials