Increase your efficacy and skill as a teacher, whatever your experience is. This course is appropriate for all teachers, and for students who are considering whether to teach. This course studies the fundamental skills of teaching yoga poses and teaches you to understand pose shapes and how to instruct them, step by step. Noah will guide you on a deep dive into study and relationship with these poses, laying the groundwork for a rich and skillful practice for both you and your students This course includes the Fundamentals of Yoga Poses and is the foundational course for all The Mazé Method Yoga Teacher Trainings. This course is accredited through the Yoga Alliance and counts towards 20 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills the entire 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact email@example.com
We cover the following topics:
- How to teach Surya Namaskar, Standing Poses, Transition Poses, Seated and Supine Forward Bends, Basic Backbends, Seated Twists, and Ujayii Pranayama
- How to translate the medium of practice to the medium of teaching
- Insight into how to observe your students’ form
- How to improve your vision and assessment of poses
- How to teach to safety and how to make the basic poses more accessible for newer students
- How, when and why to teach refinements
- Verbal articulation, observation and demonstration skills
- The ability to instruct and note student improvement
- How to consider sequencing strategies in fundamental forms
- Basic principals associated with sequencing a solid class
- An internet connection
- A computer, smartphone or tablet
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga the Iyengar Way by Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
- A yoga mat
- At least 3 yoga blankets, a yoga strap and 2 blocks
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
“Thank you, Noah and Team for connecting the world of yoga teachers and students together. After watching each webinar, I feel a sense of satisfaction on every level, from validation of what I do already know from both past and current study.” - Anonymous
“I'm still pretty new to yoga, but I have struggled to find teachers online or in real life who get into the real nitty gritty of how to get the most out of each pose. The two videos of yours I've come across have not only kicked my ass and left me sweating, but I feel like I had to send you a message of thanks because you fundamentally changed my relationship to my own body (especially hips and pelvic floor, parts of me I'd never given much if any thought to previously). Thanks for taking the time to really explain these concepts, movements, and sensations in a clear and accessible way. You're an excellent teacher!” - Dave Hanon
“Compliments to Noah and his team for putting together excellent materials. Even though I am a certified yoga teacher, I feel it’s always good to go back with a beginner’s mind and learn again. These trainings (Art of Sequencing, Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Poses, and Yoga 101) are very high quality and I am excited to ‘sharpen the saw’ through them.” - Olin LevittRead More Testimonials