A unique online course focusing on scoliosis education and how to use a therapeutic approach with yoga to reduce/ease associated symptoms and weakness. This course is designed for teachers working with students that have scoliosis and practitioners who want to learn more about addressing their own scoliosis. The interactive class includes historical information, research, and tips for rudimentary assessment. We explore and optimize yoga’s therapeutic benefits of flexibility, mobility, strength and proprioception so you can put this knowledge immediately to work. This course is accredited through Yoga Alliance and counts towards 10 hours of non-contact continuing education hours, which fulfills 1/2 of the 3-year requirement for teachers.
- Immediately after purchase, your course or practice will be available in the “My Library” section of our platform, when you are logged in.
- Each lecture or class is recorded and available to watch via HD video streaming technology.
- You may enjoy all purchased content whenever you wish, and view as often as you wish, although our videos are not able to be downloaded.
- You may enjoy access to purchased content for as long as we serve/deliver online content to our customers. We will not terminate your access to our online content, nor will your access to online content expire.
- All sessions require an internet connection capable of streaming video. If you live in a country that restricts video streaming, you may have difficulty viewing the product.
- Certain courses include materials and worksheets. All written resources are available via your library and may be downloaded to your computer as needed.
- All courses have a Forum where students may connect and discuss course content.
- You must be 18 years old to participate.
- For questions or trouble with tech issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We cover the following body regions in this order:
- Session 1: Foundation (what is scoliosis, a brief anatomy of the spine, exploration of current research)
- Session 2: Assessment & Awareness (assessing posture, evaluating strength, creating proprioception awareness, use of touch and props to assist awareness, assessment in basic yoga poses)
- Session 3: Mobility (fostering flexibility and mobility, targeting asymmetrical work based on the individual, integrating proprioceptive awareness)
- Session 4: Stability (building strength, working asymmetrically, integrating proprioceptive work into yoga exercises and practice)
- An internet connection
- A familiarity with basic anatomical principals
- A computer, smartphone OR tablet
- An interest in anatomy
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- A digital camera or phone with photo capability
- Motivation and self-directed learning
- Desire to interact and participate in an online group forum
- Suggested YOGAMAZÉ online courses: Anatomy Primer and/or Anatomy 101
“I am super excited to join in on this course. I have some catching up to do but I do have scoliosis and am fused from T3 to L4 and it runs with my family. I hope to gain some knowledge for my own practice as well as to share with others.” —Elizabeth, Louisville Kentucky
“Your online courses are awesome! I [participate in] online courses with many other teachers, and I find that your courses offer way more resources, seem to be exceptionally current – rather than pre-planned, and relate to our interaction and feedback ( where you use threads from each week). [It is] truly inspiring, captivating and engaging, as well as encouraging, to learn more and to give more to our students and ourselves. After all, we are our own biggest students. I am so enthralled by your teaching, I wish I could do everything!” – Michelle CrossRead More Testimonials